Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bobby Flay's marriage is a SHAM!!


Seriously, it's true have you seen the shows with him and his wife...I forget her name but she was on Law and Order and died...not like the countless people who are found in a pile of garbage after some shitty dialogue by two wannabe New York stage actors. She was an actual character, but I wish I had some sort of search device that would give me her name only using the tips of my fingers....ehhh...not that important...all in all Bobby flay is clearly gay and that is based on no evidence...and that's how I likes it. Just kidding bobby flay I love you and just wish you were gay so I could make my BBQ fantasies a reality....But that fucking Michael Chiarello is clearly a creepy old gay guy!...why the fuck am I talking about this I meant to talk about that concert I went to on Saturday...
I saw the Flaming Lips (or as some assholes call them the Flips) at Jam on the River in Philadelphia at Festival Pier. I have seen them only two times before and I must say this was my favorite show even though it didn't have the space ship landing and all, but it had everything I wanted. He came out in the bubble...there were dancing Iron man (which is so funny cause people think the band is this crazy out of touch weirdos who wouldn't even know what movies are out and then they do funny references to pop culture(or maybe they just have somebody else buy the costumes..i don't know)) They had a really good set list....

Stravinsky
TA! DA!
Race For The Prize
Free Radicals
Song Remains
Fight Test
Mountain Side
Vein of Stars
Yoshimi
Pompeii
Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
Taps
The W.A.N.D.
Jelly

Realize??

I loved that they did Vein of Stars..it is one of my favorite songs by them And I was Super Excited that they did “Pompeii am Gotterdammerung” which i one I do not think I have seen them do live before, but it was one of their best songs of the might and of course they did standards (from Yoshimi and At War With the Mystics) Yeah yeah yeah, Yoshimi they did a slow sing along which I've seen them do before, the W.A.N.D. was awesome and Fight Test had this hilarious video attached to it which look like a weird video from an early 90's Troma movie of a big black guy beating up a baby and then the baby kicking his ass...It's such a great thing to be singing along with a song you love and then just laughing hysterically...The high lite of the show was when they covered Song remains the same...he did a speech about how when he thought about this song when he was younger he imagined people just stripping off their clothes and running through the audience....and when he said this I got this flash of sweat thinking that like everybody was going to get naked and I would be the only one refusing to do it and people would be looking at me and it would be really awkward...yeah well of course that didn't happen, but 5 or 6 girls were onstage dancing around naked...it was pretty funny cause the other members of the band tried to like look away not to get themselves in trouble or something ...I liked it.

Oh but then I went to check the set list on the flaming lips message boards and I saw these assholes with nothing better to do but be like "I was a little uncomfortable with the decision to have those four young women dancing naked on stage during Song Remains the Same. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE nudity and the female body is exquisite and beautiful, but to put them up their with no naked men to balance it out struck me as somewhat sexist. The sad truth is that the historical objectification of women is still being played out today and The Flaming Lips, whether they know it or not, perpetuated it last night. I only hope that if the band continues to play this song this summer, Wayne will be a man and get naked too."

Like OKAY college guy or girl...Whatever...like i understand it and i understand people take advantage of girls because you don't have to say much for them to take off their tops because society makes them think that all they have to do to have fun and get attention is to take off their tops and a lot of outlets take advantage of it....but fucking keep it for your thesis...not the message boards! And he never said just girls...it's just guys are fucking assholes and they would say that it would be gay or whatever....no everybody is just scared that somebody will make fun of their dick size!...but i don't know it kind of seemed planned that these girls were going to come out..or maybe they were just lead out after volunteering...who knows?

I forget what song it was but they had this video that just showed the point of impact for crash test dummies synced to the beat ...It was really funny and if i was on any hard drug i think it would have freaked me out ...and speaking of hard drugs...

I saw a lot of crazy fucked up people at the concert..and I "get it" its cool to get fucked up at a festival,I've done it before, but something like bonnaroo or even lollapalooza, but this was a fucking parking lot in Philadelphia...I don't need to be on Acid to sit on concrete, pay $7 for beer and wait all day for one good band. Maybe I would have enjoyed the Disco biscuits if I was fucked up...I guess that's what that band relies on...anyway these fucking people just use every excuse to get away from their parents and take acid at 1 in the afternoon and stumble around a shitty tent and decent food vendors...pick your battles a little better next time you creepy Ravi shankar looking loser (that was a specific instance)Like i don't want to be that guy, but are you even there for the music? Like i fucking hate when I go to a concert and all it is is 18 year olds sneaking in vodka in water bottles, falling over and trying to carry their friends. Don't you have a mall you can do this at? And don't be like "oh Christian come on they're kids, what would you do...motherfuckers i went to a patty LuPone concert when I was freshman in High School ..so fuck you I was Always their for the music!..LOL I don't know what that has to do with anything but I was so fucking HIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH at that concert..oh did I say high i mean GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY....anyway I don't think I have anything else to say...and I have to go yell at the local news....

No comments: