Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jizz MarKie

I just typed in that title, cause it came to me (pun) on the way back from work today....nothing post about, except I'm a crazy drone who can't wait for the weekend so I cannot go to work and kill as many brain cells as possible, and then shuffle back into work on Monday and overhear the mindless remarks these people have been spurting for the past twenty years...."not long enough"..."really flew by"....I wish I had some balls and told everybody the truth when they asked me what I did this weeken, instead of just saying "nothing."

But I guess since I work in a prison, I would get fired or bashed...gay bashed that is, after the first few sentences.

I just hate mindless small talk and I always have...so I hardly start conversations at work, because for me the worst part of work are the people... I don't get along with most people...and it's not them it's me...It's hard for me to hold a normal conversation, especially with people double my age and who share NO interests with me. I just half-laugh at everything they saw and agree and then try to talk and I say some bullshit, watered down lie of a story that has the smallest thing to do with their story and then I try to tell a joke and they say "WHAT?" and then I say nothing and leave their room and pretend to work for the next 5 hours.

What sucks is for most people, the other people at work is what gets them through the day...so they are always starting up with "How's your day?", "What did you do last night?", "Sure is cold out there." "how about that traffic" "This economy...." " How 'bout that Sean Cody", "Smoke and good weed this weekend?" "Did you finish any bottles alone this weekend while cursing Saturday Night Live for stealing jokes from you, you only thought of and didn't have the gumption to write down?" ...oh wait....

I don't mean to think that I am above all these people and "they just don't get me", but it's like going to work everyday with your parents, but they don't know you, so they have nothing to say to you.......so yeah, your parents....but on the other side, it's cool working with older people, cause nobody is trying to be hip or out do the other person...or coming to work in American Apparel (like when I worked at MTV) and talking about Animal Collective, or fleet foxes.....I save those conversations for myself in my car while I'm listening to them.

but I honestly do like it cause I get to be the outsider, and since I don't bore people with stories of my kids or my thoughts on America Idol, or my myriad medical procedures, or how my son is back from Iraq or god knows what?! I get to stay in my head all day, and that is really my dream job; nothing challenging, a lot of free time, and the occasional felon talking my ear off about awesome criminal things. I like the inmates a thousand times better than my coworkers!....

Don't you guys love hearing about my job all the time?

No comments: