Monday, February 2, 2009

Bonnaroo....

Tomorrow the Bonnaroo Lineup is announced, and there are so many options running through my head of who could be there. I've pretty much made my mind up that it will be any indie band that has put out a successful album this year (Animal Collective,Crystal Cstles, Deer Hunter, Fleet Foxes, TV on the Radio and maybe even Of Montreal) and I'm also pretty sure Phish and The Dead will be there, and rumors say Bruce Springsteen, so that's exciting. But me and Kyle really feel that they need to counter act the phish an the dead and bruce with somebody for the younger crowd, like a huge name headliner...animal collective and the previously named artists are generally not considered headliners. But the best part of Bonnaroo besides everything else, is the shock you get from the lineup, there will be people who you never heard of and bands you forgot about and then the headliners are always shocking, cause although they are great bands they always escape you head, until you see them all together and then you just sit back and realize how many crazily talented bands you will get a chance to see in the span of one weekend.

I'm truly hoping they surprise me and have the Beastie boys and then any of the following Daft Punk, Crystal Method, Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim...or have all of them...or have some crazy talented rapper like Jay Z...and hopefully not Lil' Wayne, cause although his concerts are probably fun and his album is great, the videos of him live I have seen, seem terrible...he doesn't seem great live....

SO I hope the Lineup is posted before I leave for work at 7 am otherwise I will crash my car while pressing reload on my Iphone on he way to work...anyway, I wish I had some great theory that explains the bonnaroo lineup or the experience altogether or mathematical equation to determine the lineup or anything interesting ....but I usually start typing with no real point and something usually comes, but I guess not today.....Hmmmm....I also hope Amanda Palmer is at bonnaroo and I hope THe black keys, hot chip and Gorillaz Cause it would be so cool to see them live!!!!!

hopefully tomorrow I am not posting trying to convince you people and myself that I really like the lineup even though it has none of the bands I mentioned.....well too late I already have my ticket... so if all the bands suck or I don't know them I guess I'll be downloading a lot of music and forcing myself to listen to it in the next couple months....

1 comment:

Kyle said...

It's always hard to post something when you have no other thing on your mind than that gut wrenching excited feeling after you swallow a big gulp of doubt, hope, and giddiness...you know, the kind of feeling you used to have the day before your birthday before you grew old and lost your soul.